Yield: 50 pieces ;
Serving Size: 3" squares
2-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar substitute (GrandmaKate's No-Sugar Sweetener)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 (8-ounce) cans dietetic crushed pineapple, undrained
1/4 cup skim milk
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, place the flour, sugar
substitute, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
2. Add the canned pineapple and the juice, skim milk, egg whites and vanilla
extract. Beat well. Fold in the carrots and raisins until well mixed.
Use a 9" x 13" nonstick pan.
3. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 minutes. Check with a wood toothpick.
When the toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean,
the cake is done. Remove and set aside. Let the cake cool
to room temperature.
4. While cake is cooling, prepare the icing.
8 ounces nonfat cream cheese
1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar substitute (GrandmaKate's No-Sugar Sweetener)
1. Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Beat until smooth.
2. Frost the top of the cake. Cake will be 2- 1/2" thick. Cut into 3"
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 35.9; Fat: .095 grams; Carbohydrates: 8.02 grams; Protein: .829
grams; Sodium: 52.9 mg; Fiber: .496 g; Cholesterol: .022 mg
Source: "The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook" by
THE DIABETIC NEWSLETTER by
The Diabetic Gourmet Magazine